Signup for Ed

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Valentines Day without a Valentine. What I would be buying.


Although Valentine's Day is meant to be a time to express your love and committment to your partner, the marketing mentality behind the day has imposed somewhat of a stressful cogitation to the day. As much as loved ones may say, "I don't need anything" or "lets not do presents this year", I would never fall for that. It's most likely a trap to test the love you have for them.

So as I don't have a Valentine this year I know that this week in the lead up to Feb 14th will be a stress free period. Having been asked by friends already "what should I get my girlfriend for Valentine's Day" I thought I would show you what I would buy my non-existent Valentine this year.

Had I actually been faced with having to choose a Valentine's Day present this year I would have relied heavily on my older sister and two female housemates for advice. The honest truth being, I would have dragged my sister through the shops of Melbourne trying to find the right present all week. So I'm sure she's ecstatic that I'm dateless. However, the one thing that every guy should take advantage of is online shopping. 

If you have somewhat of an understanding of what your partner may like for Valentine's Day then online shopping is your saviour. Majority of what I would purchase is from online stores. The options are endless and you find yourself clicking on one website, which leads to another and another, then hours later you settle one present. I actually used Instagram and Pinterest to see what was available to buy, and most often than not I would stumble across the website in which you can buy it. 

Anyway here is what I came up with. Hopefully my ‘future’ girlfriend would enjoy the following presents for Valentine's Day. 













In year 5 I had my first serious (2 week long) relationship and I got her a candle. Since then they been a go to for me.  Maison Balzac candles are made by a French girl who now lives in Australia – amazing – especially Le Sud and Le Soleil https://maisonbalzac.com/










I stumbled across Dinosaur designs when searching Australian Jewellery designers one night. I would honestly purchase anything form here for Valentine's Day. They predominantly do jewelry and home wares. The jewellery ranges in price, but I think it’s  young and creative.  Dinosaur Design is resin jewellery, which is Australian, designed and made in Sydney http://www.dinosaurdesigns.com.au/













\
I heard about this website from my female housemates (knew they'd pay off one day). They said that the Leather Baggu Bags and Purses from the South Melbourne store Vincent2 had really cool colours and super soft leather. In checking them out I liked the black baggu leather bag (Above).  Its stylish, simple shape is made of the softest natural milled leather from Argentina. Jump online and have a look at what else they offer, there is so much more to choose from http://www.vincent2.com.au/baggu.html










I thought this was a good present idea. The Pineapple Cushion from Ourlieu is a simple yet practical present for the girlfriends. I picked this one as I instantly thought of summer and have never seen throw cushions like this before. Ourlieu is from Mornington Peninsular, Victoria http://www.ourlieu.com/











 



 

Cool prints are hard to come by.  Sydney artist Rachel Castle has some really cool prints, which no doubt every girl would love. This is my favourite. Have a look at the rest http://www.castleandthings.com.au/home.php?cat=255  














Sydney based husband and wife duo Scott and Amy are responsible for the next present I would buy. This is a simple take on the classic time-teller. Featuring a sandblasted IP rose gold coated stainless steel case, white face with minimalist markers and premium walnut leather band. A watch is always a great present to get and at an affordable price I thought it would be a good idea this Valentines Day  http://www.thehorse.com.au/collections/watches














Another cool Jewellery store I stumbled across online is from Life With Bird. You can’t actually buy the jewellery online, only in store, but definitely worth making the trip for Valentines Day. This was one of my favourites that I think would put you in the good books for a Valentines Day present - http://www.lifewithbird.com/collections/accessories









For those of you who aren’t so organised, I’ve been tipped off that one of the best place to get flowers is from Fleurs Flowers in Melbourne http://www.fleurs.com.au/ and Fjura in Sydney http://www.fjura.com/. Never going to lose sticking with the safe option of flowers on Valentine's Day. 

Hopefully this has helped some of the guys out there with present choices. I know it’s a bit late, but if you haven't got anything organised yet jump online and order something, blame that it didn’t arrive yet and have a flower waiting for her at dinner (works every time). 

Enjoy the time with your Valentine!

Ed 

If you want to comment on the above Follow me on the below

Instagram - @edjlower

Twitter - @EdJLower
Facebook - Ed J Lower

5 comments:

  1. Wow, loving this. So good that you are showcasing various designers: to give us ideas, not just for guys on V Day, but for buying female friends gifts eg. birthdays, or for one's self! I have been a big fan of Dinosaur Designs bold jewellery & homewares for years. I like to have recommendations on quality merchandise ,& being available online makes shopping a breeze. Your choices are individual & interesting & reflect good taste. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blogging so far. Love the gift choices any girl would be lucky to have them expecially the watch, pillow and candle keep up the awesome blogging sorry to hear the jade thing didn't work out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your suggestions but you did miss out chocolates which never go amiss. You should check out http://www.yarravalleychocolate.com.au who make great chocolate for any occassion.
    Also suggestions for us girls to buy the guys would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete