Signup for Ed

Thursday 15 August 2013

NIGHT EIGHTEEN - CLOONEY?

Seems like it was another EDisode tonight! Continuing the theme of Ed's kissing escapades (which I have certainly seen enough of) Big Brother played the inquisitive brother and asked him every question under the sun about the two kisses. I must admit he deflected the questions nicely, using the gallantry cards of ' a gentleman never kisses and tells'... touche Ed. 
Ed and George Clooney

It was good to see Ed get involved in a practical joke about him cutting his hand last night, but I would have thought he could have played it out a little longer! It would have been hilarious to see Jade or Jas pack his bags for him! He has never been the best at keeping a straight face. I remember in year 4 we swapped classes at school. I was more than happy to play it out for the day, but of course Ed ruined it! I think he thought the teachers were onto us so he confessed to not being 'Nick'.... I'm sure we could have stayed on another for the day!

Did anyone really think the real George Clooney would make an appearance? As believable as the HMs would have liked it to be, getting a friendly dog as a new housemate was probably the next best thing- it could have been a lot worse! I know one HM that would be super excited about the new addition...ED! He absolutely loves dogs. So much so that he had a self made rule to not walk past pet shops. Although one day he forgot his rule and came home with a puppy he called Ralphy! He knew he couldn't house a dog in his apartment so 12 months later he had to pass on Ralphy to our great mate Nick Rees. Hopefully he doesn't leave the house with Mr. Clooney because our apartment isn't big enough for that thing!

Now, on another topic- hasn't the tension in the house gone to another level..? It seems that Mikkayla is now enemy #1 of Caleb, Tully and Matt. As Tim said, 'I'm glad Mikkayla got to make the decision' and I agree, it will make for great viewing. It's going to be interesting to see the pressure mount over the next few weeks within the house. I think we're on the edge of a boil over... Most likely between the girls! I think my moneys on Tully if it turns into a fist fight... I think she could throw them!

#team_ed #BBAU @edbbau

1 comment:

  1. It's so sweet that Ed has got such caring siblings and mates.

    And pretty smart too -- ensuring that the media doesn't spin Ed in an unfavorable way.

    Though it is obvious that Big Brother is attempting to steer a romantic drama into the house (Princess themed birthday? Jade and Ed in the last four in the Showdown?). Can't they think of other issues to tackle?

    Like paralleling the Halfway Housemates situation with the asylum seeker debate perhaps?

    How would Ed factor in that kinda scenario? Did Ed work with the multicultural unit when he was in North Melbourne?

    As for Matt, I think based on his Southern Cross tattoo -- his dislike for Mikayla could be somewhat racially influenced? Consider his reason for nominating Rohan as well...

    I've been observing reality shows this year to see how well they depict racial minorities and how racial relations are in such settings.

    So, this is the first time I'm observing BBAU and interestingly, this is the first time they've had more non-White HMs on BB, am I correct?

    If you think racial bias and prejudice doesn't matter, check this out:
    http://www.upworthy.com/know-anyone-that-thinks-racial-profiling-is-exaggerated-watch-this-and-tell-me-when-your-jaw-drops-2

    And also check out the racism that had occur in Big Brother US (and in Celebrity Big Brother 5 in the UK)

    Anyway, thanks for your input Ed's sibs and mates. Personally, Ed is a favorite as well but Tim is getting to be more interesting because I support his intention of challenging the status quo -- because BB should be about personalities and not simply about who's the prettiest.

    Looking forward for more feedback! Cheers

    ReplyDelete