Signup for Ed

Tuesday 20 August 2013

NIGHT TWENTY THREE - NOMINATIONS

Tim... Really?

Ben... Really? Over coffee...

The two of you are definitely off the Christmas card list. We're obviously stoked Ed dodged nominations but I can't help but feel for Ed. I know he has some critics who are suggesting he's 'playing the game' or he's 'boring', what makes it so frustrating is that he is neither. Ask anyone close to Ed, or anyone who has worked with him, in everyday life he acts exactly the same way. He opens doors for strangers, he asks questions like 'what can I do to help?', he likes to make people feel comfortable and he doesn't generally like to argue (not to say that he never does).

Watching nominations and the show, I've been surprised by how I react to negative talk regarding Ed. Obviously I am protective of my brother, but its more the ignorance of people who suggest that he's something he's not in there that has really got to me. Why would people nominate him for being too nice? It baffles me.

I do agree that Ed maybe floating through these early stages, but I can assure you its not a tactic, he's warming to the new environment. I dont think its wrong of me to point out, but Ed would hold onto the knowledge of knowing he's being filmed 24 hours a day longer than some of the other HMs. As time passes I know we will see sides of Ed the public may not have known he possess'. I can already see that things are getting to him and trust me, when, not if, WHEN Ed gets into an argument he does not back down and it will make for fantastic viewing!

#team_ed #BBAU @edbbau

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ed's peeps...

    Thanks so much for the updates!

    I'm analysing Ed's nominations here and while his first nomination gave me the impression that he could be a strategic player -- his following ones has made me seriously reconsider that.

    Now, I know it seems that Ed is a genuine nice guy and you've all attest that he is but I wonder how far does his kindness extends?

    So far ALL his nominations has been towards the Misfits group -- people who are not considered the mainstream type -- not conventionally attractive, non-white PLUS, he has admitted in one clip that Ben would not have been the kind of person he would have ever met if not for BB -- so I'm assuming he would not normally hang around gay people too?

    So, while it seems that Ed is a nice guy but perhaps he only really hangs out with the mainstream type of people -- as I mentioned before: attractive, straight and mostly white folks.

    He mentioned not trusting Rohan but where were the scenes of him attempting to know Rohan better? And for three weeks now he has nominated Mikkayla -- where have we seen him talking/advising Mikkayla on her attitude? Wouldn't a nice guy attempt to reach out to people he may not understand or does he just write them off because there other people he would rather be focusing on?

    With regards to nominations, Ed is entitled to nominate whoever he wants of course but based on what's been happening, it seems he's nominating with his feelings rather than his brains which should be strategizing of taking out the supposed popular people (like what Drew is doing in nominating Matt).

    So, again while Ed may be a nice guy, my observations seems to suggest that he may blindspots with certain groups of people and his nominations choices suggests that he's not proving to be the most strategic player so far...

    Hope I haven't offended anyone with my thoughts - so perhaps you guys can prove my analysis wrong?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be overthinking it, Azul. Mikkayla seems like a completely domineering personality and we didn't really see any footage of Rohan, hence his eviction.

    I don't really think it's Ed's responsibility to change people's attitudes/behaviour in the house.. and let's not forget that there are 24 hours of vision and we are seeing fractions of edited material the producers think will be interesting enough for tv.

    Ed has been consistent and lovely throughout. Any man who so gracefully (minus that awkward first conversation!) and thoughtfully endures the sexual harassment he is experiencing from Jade every five minutes, deserves a medal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this one of Ed's peeps? Twin bro Nick? Or one of Ed's fans? Heh

    I'm not entirely convinced. Mikkayla doesn't bug everyone in the house -- Drew and Jade has admitted that they're fine with her. So, it's true -- we're not seeing everything that's happening. Similarly, when Xavier confronted Rohan in the kitchen whether he was a mole, Rohan said that no one in the Safe House was really interested in asking stuff about him (Ed included) -- why wasn't this highlighted?

    Just as BB tries to manipulate the HMs into scenarios that they wish could happen (like the cliched "love triangle" of Drew-Jade-Ed (which good on him for not getting entirely sucked into it), BB is trying to manipulate the audience by showing more of the mainstream "attractive" HMs. Is anyone really surprised that Sharon, the oldest HM and then Rohan, the short un-athletic average looking Indian guy, didn't get enough votes to be saved?

    Anyway, going back to Ed, I'm still not convinced he's doing enough to be the all round good guy when he fails to be inclusive of the unconventional folks i.e. the Misfits -- instead fitting in quite fine with the popular and pretty bunch.

    As for Jade -- some of the other HM's assessment of her is true, she has no strategy apart from using her looks and flirting. And she's still keen on Ed cause apart from finding him attractive, seeing how he's a strong competitor and has yet to be nominated, getting him could be her ticket of surviving this game as well. Not realizing that Drew is probably the better strategic player compared to Ed.

    Anyway, these are just my observations so far -- while Ed seems like an okay nice guy, he's still not getting my vote yet.

    ReplyDelete