Signup for Ed

Thursday 8 August 2013

NIGHT ELEVEN - NOT HAPPY...

Dear Tim an Mikkayla,

As Ed's older brother I didn't appreciate your words towards my little brother tonight! Tim would be amazed if he knew the things Ed got up to in the real world. To suggest he is 'boring' is laughable... Ed certainly isn't as extroverted as you Tim or as self centered, he actually just happens to be considerate of others feelings and does his best to make sure everyone else is happy, not just himself. 

As for Mikkayla, to write "Ed should drop the 'good guy act' and show his true emotions" is impossible. He is showing his true emotions, he just doesn't cry at the drop of the hat due to circumstances that are occurring within a game. Ed's a leveled headed guy and assess all situations on their merit. To suggest he may be putting on a 'good guy act' shows how little quality time you must have spent with him. All that aside, to write that down is one thing, but to not add to the conversation over dinner and only say 'I'm just glad I sat next to you' is a cop out. If you have a suggestion that you are happy to be voiced to the group, maybe add your two cents!

And that's my rant for the night!

#team_ed #BBAU

1 comment:

  1. We are seeing so few of ANY of the housemates true personalities due to the editing. You were saying Ed IS showing his true emotions but then in other posts have mentioned other things about Ed which he is not expressing in the house. I'm sure Mikkayla and Tim's friends could easily say "oh we're not seeing MIkkayla's fun side" or "We're not seeing Tim's sensitive side".

    Just as you keep saying there is more to Ed, there is more to ALL the housemates, I'm not sure why you're judging the housemates or taking offense to perceived 'slights' against Ed based on the little very contrived edits we're seeing when you have admitted Ed has other sides to him which are not coming out or being shown.

    I've watched Big Brother since 2001 and this year is the furthest from 'reality' I've seen. I admit myself I've questioned whether Ed IS the Prince Charming he's being shown as, but I also struggle with Ben and wonder if he's putting on an act, same with Tim, but then I always just go back to the fact the show is massively edited and we see so little of them actually just having normal conversations so the chances of seeing ANY of the housemates true sides is slim really.

    That's the price Ed will pay for going on a program such as this. Anyone going in the house should be aware the producers will make you one dimensional, and you have no control over what side or your personality the show will focus on. I think the show LIKES to portray Ed as this perfect guy, but no one is perfect, and that's why people are suspicious - their minds wander and the flaws they believe he might have are overaggerated in people's minds That's part and parcel of the BB experience sadly.

    ReplyDelete